• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

How can I select cells that I Want selected in Appleworks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dereko04011
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: How can I select cells that I Want selected in Appleworks? Reply with quote

How can I select a cell and another one (for example A1 and A500) in AppleWorks? I tried holding Shift + Option + Click. and it selected all the cells in between (A1:A500). I need to do this because my graphs, I have empty cells inbetween some of the information (on how it's organized, I cannot organize it another way). Is there something to type in the Function field to select it (i no there is in Microsoft Excel 2000 for Windows)?
Please help!

EDIT:
If I cannot do the selecting, how can I make it NOT GRAPH the blank cells. OR How can I make seperate graphs and merge them into one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it's years since I used AppleWorks but here's the first few things to try:

what if you use just Option-click rather than shift-option-click?

when you are putting in the range for the graph, most systems I have ever used (123, MS Works, Excel) are quite hapy with the convention A1:C3,D2,F5:X99 for disparate ranges. Have you tried this?

try using a defined name, you might be able to get this to look at your separate ranges. Then you chart against the name (BTW this is good practice for charts anyway if you have multiple charts based off roughly the same data eg last 12 months sales figures measured three different ways - every month you would have to change three charts so that "last 12 months" was corrected, or you could change one defined name)

Right, now I'm off to google to see if I can find a more accurate answer

<edit 9:03>
try this tip:
http://www.apple.com/appleworks/tips/alldata.html
even if that selects too much, if you chart that as a test you should be able to see how it is using the range syntax for multiple cells.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: