• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

WINDOWS XP PRO Remote Desktop and USB

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tj3141
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: WINDOWS XP PRO Remote Desktop and USB Reply with quote

I have a user that wants to sync his PDA remotely using our VPN and Remote Desktop. I know you can select serial port redirection on the options tab in local resources, but does this work for USB devices??

Thanks,
Terry
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can you outline exactly what you are trying to do? Are you saying he is going to use a desktop / laptop to connect over a VPN, then run a terminal services session (from a server? his desktop in the office?) and wants to synch his PDA? (model? OS? what kind of synch - email, calendar, files?)

I don't think you can do it in the way you describe but with more info we might be able to suggest a way that will work.
tj3141
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remote user on a laptop wants to connect via VPN and Remote desktop to his desktop at permanent site. Wishes to sync his Palm Theo to Outlook running on desktop at permanent site for contacts and calendar only.

I personally have not seen it done, nor do I think that the USB port will be recognized, but this guy is insistent, and is a big hitter in management. So I must "appear" to have exhausted all sources for an answer.

Thanks,
Terry
psuedo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this about a month ago and just couldn't get it to work, it was only for myself though not management so I could just say bugger it.... let me know if you figure it out though.
RFmax
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious as you have a VPN setup, why the user does not synch Outlook while just the VPN is active and then synch the PDA to the notebook after the session is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: