• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Diginet Center On Windows Vista

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrey32
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Diginet Center On Windows Vista Reply with quote

Hello!

Have anyone tried Diginet Center on Windows Vista?
I tried installing Diginet Center on Vista but does not display the video , although there's an indication that i'm receiving the video but i can't see it.

Anyone who has an idea?

Jerry
Bannerd
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the specs of your system?
rigel79
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

I have the same problem here. I've been using DigiNet Center for long time under Windows XP and i never had problems. Now, i've got a new laptop with Windows Vista Business. I can install DigiNet Center software, i also can connect to the Sites Servers, but once it establish the connection, and i clic on Now Button, there is no video. I can see at the bottom of each camera window, the recording information, but only got black screens. Does anybody knows anything about this problem?.
lyoni
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue this side, the web interface works perfectly on Vista but not the diginet center? any Ideas would be greatly appreciated
rattrace
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Diginet with Vista Reply with quote

Same problem here too. Always worked on several Windows 2000 Pro and XP machines. Then my hardware guy installed it on his Toshiba lap top that he had done a Vista upgrade on and it worked perfectly so I went ahead and bought a Dell Vista Ultra thinking Diginet would work. No luck. Got connected but with black screen and indications for each camera number and time as you folks described.

We then brought up Diginet on 2000 Pro unit and did side by side connection via some kind of program ( similar to PC anywhere but more advanced ) thinking the Dell Vista would "see" the 2000 Pro Diginet picture but it blew us away when the Vista still showed a black screen as described above. We think codec or something is problem. turned off all firewalls etc no luck. The fact that the Dell Vista could not "see" 2000 Pro "screen" was wild. One more reason to ditch Vista....I hate it and it's a unit with plenty of horsepower so that is not the problem.
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no experience with Vista since I refuse to buy it until SP1 or possibly SP2 is released for it.

However, my brother has Vista on his laptop. He bought the latest, greatest Dazzle to convert his VHS home movies to DVD. Dazzle doesn't work on Vista. So he downloaded the Vista drivers, it still doesn't work.

When asked about it, I told him to run the Dazzle unit off his XP desktop. Problem solved; except he is unhappy about losing his portability due to Vista.

Will things with Vista improve in the near future?
alexg
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Diginet Center Reply with quote

I was having the same problem with my laptop installed with Windows Vista. This is what I did to fix the problem. Right click on the Diginet Center icon on your desktop, then click Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. In compatibility mode, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2). In settings, check the box for Disable desktop composition. You should be able to connect and view the videos then. This procedure worked on my Vista.
billydepriest
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: diginet on vista home premium Reply with quote

we are using windows vista home premium edition and now i cant see anything but the camera clock running and a very nice black screen instead of a good quality picture.
anybody got any suggestions as to how we can solve this problem the company that supplied the camera system cant do anything and i also wrote to the diginet company but got no reply..

help help help
billydepriest
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: re vista & diginet system Reply with quote

me neither. i have sp1 installed and still nothing, there is supposed to be an update soon for the diginet system but ive been hearing that for a couple of months now.
basemagha
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: diginet with vista Reply with quote

i have gateway laptop with 64m video mem and diginet works good
if you have shard mem or some video card will not display the video

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: