• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Suggestions about virtualization?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wise_guy2002n
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Suggestions about virtualization? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a Quad core System I want to deploy 3 or more servers physically but we hear we can do this without physically installed server via virtualization, can anyone help me in this regarding the virtualizes the server’s on physical server like virtual DC, Web Server, Proxy Servers on VMware product, which product I have to use for this purpose. Any reply is really appreciated here.

Thanks
JohnAlreadyExists
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used VMWare quite a bit and it is truly an impressive product. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

With VMware you can easily virtualize servers in various roles. The various versions of VMware provide varying degrees of support for hardware. You need to get yourself acquainted with the virtualization process (not hard at all), for that I suggest you start simply with VMware workstation, its a good platform to learn on and, as you get more knowledgeable you can move on to the ESX server version.

I am a firm believer of virtualization, it provides some very significant advantages over physical deployment. IMHO, definitely worth learning.

HTH,

John.
davidla
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VirtualIron is also a good one, and is licensed a good deal cheaper than VMWare. I recommend at least researching it.
meethemant
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

For this purpose i would suggest you start with Demo Version of VMVare and download the ESX server 3.5 which will run for 60 days.

Install ESX server on server grade of machine and keep resources (8-6 GB RAM,SAS/SCSI HDD )

No need of installing the OS for ESX server 3.5. Use installation guide.

Just see the system compatibility guide while selecting the Physical server on which ESX Server will run. E.g Dell PE2900 or 2950 is supported.

//br
hemant singh

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: