• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

iPod mini in the UK

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: iPod mini in the UK Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered an iPod mini in the UK yet, whether from the UK itself or imported from overseas?

A quick kelkoo search seems to give the cheapest UK one to be £174.99 from the likes of comet or on amazon

Amazon availability seems to be 4-6 weeks.

The apple.com store lists the mini iPod at $249 which seems to be around £137 at todays' rates, still over 20% cheaper. Since UK availability is low and the US prices are a lot cheaper this seems like another option except for duty charges and so forth.

I have not ordered hardly anything from the US except from some small items on ebay so am not sure how the duty works, especially when ordering from the official shops.

Is there anyway to get these imported without paying high duty charges, whether this be through the apple store or simply through a friend living in the US who can post?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
5oger
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be worth crusing by any apple retailers etc, i belive some do have them in stock. not living nr any i can't vouch personally.

as to duty charges well if its send to you, it might get intersepted and you'd get asked to pay the vat by your postie, so that wouldn't garantie that, other ways are if you quailfy as a student? can get them cheaper not much admitly but cheaper never the less on the education store, i have just ordered a 20GB ipod that way.

roger
UV
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutly beautiful.. i have a friend picking me up a mini ipod from the states, its much cheaper than what you said!

probably illegal tho! if it is illegal then im just bullshitting
jordel
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UV wrote:
absolutly beautiful.. i have a friend picking me up a mini ipod from the states, its much cheaper than what you said!

probably illegal tho! if it is illegal then im just bullshitting
So, is it legal to order iPod from US Amazon if I'm in UK ? - Seems to be cheaper even with shipping...
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then you pay VAT when customs impound your parcel on the way into the country.
Still might be cheaper though, don't forget you'll need a power adaptor or alternative charger (unless you only charge from USB)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: