• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

terminal server networking

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toni
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: terminal server networking Reply with quote

Hello,
Could you help me with this odd problem.
I have two servers, a SBS2003 and a 2003 Terminal server, both have two network cards, North and South. The router (fixed external ip) has 4 normal ports and a dmz port. The north of the sbs2003 is connected to one of the ports on the router, and the north of the TS server is connected to the dmz.
The south of both are connected to a normal switch which the users are connected into. The gateway of the northcard on the ts server is the ip of the dmz port. The gateway on the sbs is the ip of the router. They have different ip’s
When a user logs on to the sbs then logs on to the ts using remote desktop, then use internet explorer to check the external ip using “whatismyip” and its the proper external ip.
But when i remove the cat5 cable from the ts’s northcard and connect it from the dmz to a new router, so that then ts server has its own separate internet connection. Then check the external ip it still shows the original external ip and not the one for this router. When i logon directly onto the ts server then check the external ip it shows the new external ip....
The only thing i can see that is wrong when i do this is that the north cards dns is the ip of the south card on the sbs server. Do you think this is wrong?

Router ip is 10.10.10.5, dmz is 192.168.1.1
SBS Northcard is 10.10.10.2, gateway is 10.10.10.5, dns 192.168.200.23
SBS Southcard is 192.168.200.23, gateway 127.0.0.1, dns 192.168.200.23

Ts North is 192.168.1.2, gateway 192.168.1.1, dns ip’s dns
TS South is 192.168.200.40, gateway, 10.10.10.5, dns 192.168.200.23

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: