• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

SQL Certification

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugs_whats_up_doc
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: SQL Certification Reply with quote

I did two SQL Training courses before christmas Firstly being Implementing SQL Server 2005 second was Managing, which would put me inline for the MCTS if I complete the exam (Please correct me if i`m wrong)

Because of money iv not been able to take the exam, now thanks to a VERY generous benefactor (Thanx mum) I can take the exam, thing is its now nearly 6 months later, I do use SQL, but only in a management role and not to that greater degree.

I still have the M$ press Training manuals, which I do refer to. what worries me is I have taken a few practice tests and i`m well under a pass mark. I know from past experience studying at home is at best difficult, what with a stroppy teenager, and a busy house and the fact i`m usually dead by 9pm studying at home is a bit of a question mark. so i`m not sure where I go from here, I work full-time. and I need to find my affective studying method which so far I havn`t found.

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nonapeptide
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SQL Certification Reply with quote

I believe I took the same class that you're referring to (2780 if I remember correctly). There are three exams that you must take to earn the MCITP:DBA 2005 certification. Only one of the exams is an MCTS cert; that's the 70-431. The other two are PRO exams; The 70-443 and the 70-444.

Which practice exams are you taking? Transcender exams are generally harder than the real exams. I used this book to study for the exam and it was stellar. The author has a good writing style and the general tone isn't anywhere near as dry as regular MS Press fare. I passed the exam on the first try.

Self study has been my method for years... but I also don't have a "stroppy teenager". Smile Just hunker down for an hour or two at a time every night and you should be able to get it done. I find that separating my study days is terrible. For instance, two hours of study every other night is much worse than one hour of study each night. But that's just me. Maybe look into some video training like CBT Nuggets . Of course that's also an added expense. Sad

And when you finally do take your exam, let us know how it goes! You'll get it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
racyhall11
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to become a certified database administrator or developer you have to get the Microsoft SQL Server certification. Candidates who pass the SQL test receive a hard copy SQL certificate of accomplishment. Certifications help you use evolving technologies, fine-tune your troubleshooting skills, and improve your job satisfaction.
eralper
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello please check the SQL Server Certification Paths.
What I can suggest you is to aim for a SQL2008 certification.
There is not much time for Denali to release. So SQL2005 will not be so popular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: