• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Lite-On DVD drive feedback

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hads
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Lite-On DVD drive feedback Reply with quote

I bought a Lite-On LTD-165H 16 speed DVD-ROM a while back and decided that I would just post and say that if you are looking for one, this is a good cheap drive (IMHO). Hopefully this isn't a complete waste and this model is available where ever you are.

Cost me AU$80 which was pretty reasonable and I eaisly found a RPC-1 (region free) firmware for it. Had no problems updating it. I think it actually turns the drive into a LTD-165P or something.

It runs nice and quiet with either CDs or DVDs and the only noticable noise is the initial spin up.

Just thought I'd share.
ShaolinTiger
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have any problems reading CD-R's CD-RW's? etc..

My creative is a bag of sh|t it always locks up since I flashed the firmware to de-region it.

And it has problems reading most things, it plays DVD's fine but apart from that no good..

If I try and play an SVCD on it, it's either totally out of sync or just skips all the way through.

Don't buy a creative DVD drive.
hads
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na, all good. I've read several types of CD-R & CD-RW all mint. Even tested it with a DVD-RAM I borrowed off a mate (It claimed it could read it so I thought I'd find out).

Haven't had a chance to test DVD-R/RW yet -- I'm not rich enough Sad

Can't say I've really got into making VCD/SVCDs at the moment so haven't tried them either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: