T-mobile withdraws buggy Nokia 7210

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: T-mobile withdraws buggy Nokia 7210
    ----
-Mobile has withdrawn Nokia's 7210 from sale just days after beginning sales of the much anticipated picture-messaging handset.

In a fax sent by T-Mobile to dealers (a copy of which was forwarded to The Register) the mobile operator explains it is withdrawing the 7210 from sale because of "continued instability of the handset" and customer complaints. Early customers report a number of problems, detailed in T-Mobile fax, including:

Radio interface freeze when the handset appears to be functioning normally but cannot make or receive calls (most commonly happens when GPRS is activated)

Intermittent software crashes

High level of picture messaging delivery failures
The reported problems with the phone are similar to those cited by mm02 last month when it pulled the release of the 7210.

For T-Mobile the issue has gone further, obliging a limited product recall programme. Customers may return their 7210 handsets to retailers, while stores are advised to take the handset off display and remove all point of sale material relating to the product.

T-Mobile said it would "review a re-launch of the product in January", providing the technical problems identified with the handset are resolved

source: theregister

Shame I was hoping to get something like this in the new year, the T68 it is then Smile

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject:
    ----
I was going to get one, but Dial-a-phone had withdrawn them allready, good job really, know a couple of people who have them.

8310 was the same when it came out aswell, f00k-ups all over the shop.

Author: PACER44Location: LONDON PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: MOBILE
    ----
ShaolinTiger wrote:
I was going to get one, but Dial-a-phone had withdrawn them allready, good job really, know a couple of people who have them.

8310 was the same when it came out aswell, f00k-ups all over the shop.

Get a "5210" then you cankick it around and it will still work.

Author: myhatisred PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject:
    ----
i'm gonna wait for a while before I get a new phone I'm happy with my V60 for now

Author: LexyLouLocation: On Top PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: topic
    ----
Lol,

Some Ericsson Handset (T13) I Think also have a problem with multiple texts on certain networks.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject:
    ----
Can you hear me? .............................Can you hear me now?..........................Can you hear me now?..............................Can you hear me now?..........................

Tom

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Can recommend the t68i its quite a nice phone

bluetooth, picture messaging, wap / gprs and can check pop3/imap mail Smile

Oh and it isnt the size of a housebrick either Smile

Was expecting more from nokia, their phones are usually the dogs

Author: TheKingsterLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
My brick is probably the best fone i've ever had in terms of functionality

and fun Very Happy

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1