Big Problem (with IE5 and shopping carts)

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: ddss6_99 PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Big Problem (with IE5 and shopping carts)
    ----
I have a problem that hopefully somebody can help me on. When I go to internet shopping sites and add items to my shopping cart everything is fine. But when I click the check out button I get an error message saying that the site may be experiencing technical difficulties or I may have to readjust my browser settings. I don't know what to do. I think it may have something to do with security, but I'm not sure. Somebody please help me out.

Author: myhatisred PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
what browser are you using, what OS?

Author: PosideonLocation: UK Baby!!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You need to check the security settings in the tools/options menu in IE (if ur using IE that is) you may need to mess around with the custom level settings. Please state your browser as myhatisred said so we can help more.

Author: ddss6_99 PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject:
    ----
my browser is IE

Author: myhatisred PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject:
    ----
can you please be a little more specific? what version? and what operating system?

Author: ddss6_99 PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I am using IE 5.0 and I have windows 98

Author: myhatisred PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Go to Tools -> Internet Options, Security, click on Custom Level, and make sure that u have cookies enabled, and you are allowed to switch back and forth from secure to unsecure servers.

Author: ddss6_99 PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I did that, but still no luck

Author: EREALZLocation: nyc PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: update
    ----
your best bet is too update ur browser the one ur are useing now is outdate and could pose serious security problems...

recomendation Arrow is to update browser to the new 6.0 i.e i think?... it still no luck try reseting to defoults

best of luck
erealz

Author: myhatisred PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
what's the exact error that you get?

Author: ddss6_99 PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Just an update, I downloaded the new internet explorer and customized the security settings and everythings working fine now. Thanks to all who helped me out Very Happy

Author: PosideonLocation: UK Baby!!! PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
No problems mate, we live to serve other peoples technical difficulties or somet Confused

Author: TheKingsterLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: update
    ----
EREALZ wrote:
your best bet is too update ur browser the one ur are useing now is outdate and could pose serious security problems...

recomendation Arrow is to update browser to the new 6.0 i.e i think?... it still no luck try reseting to defoults

best of luck
erealz

Think best he can go on 98 is IE 5.5 SP1

But then its solved so who gives a shite

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1