Ipod discussion!

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: gunner42 PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Ipod discussion!
    ----
I am trying to found out the poper way to copy your music from your ipod back onto your pc. I am in desprite need of having my pc reformatted which I plan to do as soon as I can found out this info... so if you have any ideas or links please post it.

Thanks adam.

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject:
    ----
there are 3rd party solutions to do this, but you are not allowed to do it by default. if you check out some mac forums i'm sure you will find info, but i don't know if it's allowed to post here

Author: dustrho PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yamipod works well for doing that...

http://www.yamipod.com

Author: catwomanLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You could enable your iPod in disk mode (do this in preferences within iTunes, when you have your iPod plugged in) then copy your music from your hard drive onto it. The files you are looking for are: "iTunes library" and the entire "iTunes folder", found within your music folder.

It's a long winded way of doing it, and will only work if you have a hard drive, not flash (i.e. shuffle or nano), based iPod but you can then just copy these back onto your computer hard drive and it'll work fine. I did this when I needed to do a complete reformat and system restore.

Author: gunner42 PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject:
    ----
The exact way that you talk of catwoman, I know for a fact that it works. A while back I actually did format my hdd, and at the time had researched how to replace my music and this was the way to do it. I dont know about this yamipod but I do know for a fact that if you manually drag and drop the file onto you hdd it will work fine. Thank you again for you help miss catwoman.

Author: catwomanLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You're welcome. Very Happy

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1