Too hot for wireless router in attic?

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: projectpete PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Too hot for wireless router in attic?
    ----
Hello,

I live on florida and the attic gets DAMN hot in the summer, I was thinking of putting my wireless router in the exact center of the house but in the attic ensuring i get a good signal all over the house since in some corners of the house i get a very weak signal.

Do you think it is too hot to put a wireless router in an attic? Also do you think it would be a fire hazard?

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:
    ----
This is strictly an opinion, but there is no way I would put my router in an attic. My particular router lists 131° F as the top of the operating range. I've spent enough time blowing insulation into attics to know that 140° F is not at all unusual (in South Dakota). I doubt it would be a fire hazard, but I don't think it would last very long.

The other problem with an attic is that the humidity rate can fluctuate wildly. Coupled with excessive heat, I think you are asking for trouble.

Author: projectpete PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
alright, thats what i was wondering, thanks

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1