Storage issues

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: roma PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Storage issues
    ----
Hi all i have something strange
i have G4 with 80GB hard drive , i used from HD space 26GB , but avaliable free space only 2GB how this come ?????
i checked all the folder desktop every where i did not find any big folder size .
where is the space on the hard disc???????
any idea
thanks

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
how is the drive formatted? do you have a lot of songs in your itunes? on my powerbook g4 i have about 30gb of songs, but the songs are placed into folders depending on how you have your itunes organized.

Author: Sherman HomanLocation: Norwell, MA PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
In the Finder, press the Apple key and the letter F. This will bring up the New Search window. Click on "Kind" scroll down to "Size" and choose something like "Greater than 20 megs".
Add the search criteria of "Visibility" so you can find hidden files. Your mileage may vary, but you may be able to find some log or cache file that is out of control.

Author: Sherman HomanLocation: Norwell, MA PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
New toy: Disk Inventory X
http://www.derlien.com/
Complete graphical information about everything that may be eating up space on your hard drive. Shocked

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1