How to share folders between Lin and WinXP machines via VPN?

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: GordonN PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: How to share folders between Lin and WinXP machines via VPN?
    ----
Okay, here is the setup - One Linux Fedora machine and three Win XP machines, all machines have broadband internet connections.

Win machines are remote and can communicate with each other and Linux machine only via internet. They have dynamic IPs.

Fedora machine has an external static IP.

Objective is to allow the XPs to access the remote files located on the Fedora machine over internet and work directly on that remote files at block level, with partial file access, and, if possible, more or less unproblematic concurrent access.

As far as I know, the most secure way to do that is to set up a VPN.

Sad part of the story is that it is pretty much the end of what I know. Embarassed

So here I come, asking if anyone could give me a hand in implementing this setup.

P.S.: offtopic
The Fedora machine is a gift from a Linux affectionado who is a friend of mine. Wanted to inspire me to check out the "real OS"...

Author: a_Lex PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Well, I am also intersted in this question...

Author: Sgt_BLocation: Chicago, IL US PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
A bit late in answering, but for anyone that may be in the same boat you should check out http://openvpn.net/

Damn nice VPN implementation that runs on Linux and Windows. Good stuff. Smile

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1