Help with IE please

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: Miolnor PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Help with IE please
    ----
Hi all,

I have encountered a major problem with my main PC which are outlined below.

My computer lost the ability to connect to the internet.
I am unable to reset my internet connection.
I am unable to remove and reinstall ie7.

The PC is now extremely slow when booting up and despite running Macafee and AVG I have been unable to detect any viruses, and I am also unable to repair the OS as I can't find my recovery disk.

I am sure this is an ie7 problem as this happened just after I upgraded from ie6, also when I try to manually remove ie7 I get an error telling me that it is use by another application.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Author: stimpy99 PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Haven't yet seen a machine trashed by IE7 - but there is always a first time - try the MS instructions :

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/iefaq.mspx

If that don't work try doing the same in safe mode.

As I said I have not yet had to try it so let me know the results.

Author: pushkin_singhLocation: U.K PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with IE please
    ----
Re-boot you system and get Windows Installer Cleanup utility to get rid of IE7 without hassle of going through add-remove programs.

Well there is always second option Firefox which you can try and should work without any problems given that your are connected to Internet Wink

Hope this helps

Author: Dalt PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with IE please
    ----
Uninstall IE Very Happy , and use other web browsers

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1