[Tutorial] 7 Steps to Secure Computing
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

Author: davidbosten PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It's very nice article for the Internet using community. This article is very useful who are mostly use Internet for money transaction with Internet. The seven topics can protect our computer with hacker and viruses. If the computer is held main role in your business than you must read and apply these points.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Very comprehensive article, well done Tom Smile I would add just one thing: the use of a restricted user account as opposed to using the administrator account for normal tasks!

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Thank you for the kind words, ljane.

Something I have not mentioned is that you should NOT use autofill or 'remember password' in your browser. These two features should be turned off for your protection.

They of course are real time-savers, and I've got hooked on using them on my laptop. But if my laptop were ever stolen, I'd be in a bad way! The other issue is forgetting what your user name and password is over time since you are depending on your browser to enter such information.

Also be sure to request a FREE credit report directly from the 3 major credit reporters twice a year. Go directly to them and don't use a third party site offering you ease and simplicity for a nominal fee. Learn to look for hints of ID Theft actions in your report.

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Page 2 of 2