computer restart Automatically

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: balveerLocation: pune PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: computer restart Automatically
    ----
Hi all,

I have windows server 2003 std ed with sp2, since installed active directory i have faced many problem. i have connected 24 computer with this server. this is my test server. my server restart automaticaly after two or three days. i checked every thing but i am not able to find out the issue.
if somebody have soluations about above mations problem please advise me.

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
A couple of things to point you into the right direction:

Windows 2003 has an option that "Automatically restarts" upon system failure. In other words, if Windows encounters a hardware error (e.g. incompatible RAID drivers), it will automatically reboot. Uncheck this to see if you get a blue screen with some error or more information. My Computer>Right click and go to properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Settings>Uncheck Automatically restart.

In addition, you might want to check your application and system event logs to see if you can extract any errors.

The problem could also be hardware related (dieing power supply, leaking capacitors on the motherboard, bad memory, etc).

Author: EOS PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Definitely sift through the event logs to see if there are ny clues in there.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1