disk quota

Networking/Security Forums -> Networking

Author: grungesabinLocation: Kathmandu PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: disk quota
    ----
I tried implementing disk quota using Windows2003 but i wasn't able to. I have assigned a fixed amount of space to a particular user and also set the warning level. The thing i want is when i log on from the client to which i have assigned disk quota limit i would like to see Z:, i think i am getting it wrong somewhere during "mapping" so it would be very kind if anyone could be give detail instruction regarding this.

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject:
    ----
What have you done on the client to actually map a drive? Are you doing this in explorer or from a command prompt or a logon script or policy?

Have you actually shared a folder on the drive which you applied the quota to?

Author: grungesabinLocation: Kathmandu PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject:
    ----
I did something like this to map drive:
-Right Click on My Network Places
-Map Network Drive.
What am I suppose do after this or before doing this?

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject:
    ----
You need to read some articles about how to share a folder and set up appropriate permissions.
Once you have shared the folder on the server, then you can look at connecting a client to it.

Networking/Security Forums -> Networking

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1