Need a software change Dynamic IP to Static IP.

Networking/Security Forums -> Networking

Author: mypass604 PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Need a software change Dynamic IP to Static IP.
    ----
I am using DSL with dynamic IP address. I want a software that may change the dynamic IP address to static IP adddress. whats ever the IP address my ISP gaves it does't matter and always use the static IP which i give in TCP/IP settings. Is it possible?

Thanks
mypass

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:
    ----
mypass604,

No software will do this for you. You have to be assigned a static IP by your ISP. You could use something like DynDNS to give yourself a static name which resolves to your dynamic address.

Matt_s

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You are paying for a dynamic IP address, you will probably need to pay more money if you want a static address.

Like Matt said, you could use a dynamic DNS service too. I use DynDNS and haven't had any problems. My router has built in support for DynDNS so I don't have to run a client on my computer. Look around there are other free DDNS providers too.

Networking/Security Forums -> Networking

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1