Lag in videos - possible hardwar issue

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: scheric1 PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Lag in videos - possible hardwar issue
    ----
Hi. I just got a computer to use as a media server for our house. The computer is hooked up to our tv via HDMI. At first I was using a HDMI cable directly plugged into an HDMI port built into the MoBo. However I've been having a problem when watching movies I have backed up to the HDD as well as regular AVI video files. When they play, every once and a while, the video will lag, as if the video is trying to catch up. This also happens in both media center and windows media player. It isn't very bad but enough to bother me. What's even worse is that if i stream the videos over my network to my laptop I get no lag at all!

At first I thought it might be the on board graphics couldn't keep up so I purchased an nVidia 9400 GT, but no help. My next guess is the processor might not be powerful enough but before I go out buying more parts I wanted to know what other people think.

Also maybe what you are using hardware wise for your own media servers.

My setup is an Acer with 4GB of Ram, 500GB HDD, nVidia 9400GT (gave no better performance than the onboard video) and an intel dual core E2200 @2.20ghz

Author: fuji0000 PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:
    ----
At aboriginal I anticipation it ability be the on lath cartoon couldn't accumulate up so I purchased an nVidia 9400 GT, but no help. My next assumption is the processor ability not be able abundant but afore I go out affairs added locations I capital to apperceive what added humans think.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1