mount points linux

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

Author: duster PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: mount points linux
    ----
whats is the command in centos to see where /var /etc/ /proc/ and all those directories are mounted.. i know they are on //[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/VolGroup00/LogVol00 but i need the a command to show me that... thanks

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
mount or df -h will do the job.

Matt_s

Author: duster PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
matt_s wrote:
mount or df -h will do the job.

Matt_s

neither give me what im looking for...

df -h shows hd1 and "/[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/volgoup" but it doesnt list the directories thats mounted on the /[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/volgroup. its says / is mounted but i want to see... "/var" "/etc/" "/proc" ...

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Did you setup mount points for them?

df -h should tell you where they mounted from. For example on my RH5 system I have the following:

//[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 /
//[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/sda1 /boot

Matt_s

Author: duster PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
matt_s wrote:
Did you setup mount points for them?

df -h should tell you where they mounted from. For example on my RH5 system I have the following:

//dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 /
//dev/sda1 /boot

Matt_s

i get the same print out but how do i know that "/var" is mounted on mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00. i know i can go to root and do an LS but i want to see who much space /var is using. from your print out how can i tell where /var is?

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It looks like /var is mounted as part of the VG00 by the LVM. To find out how much space /var uses use the following command:

du -ch

This will show you the disk usage. Either run this at the root (/) or in /var

Matt_s

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1