Cached passwords out of Sync - Windows XP - 2003 AD

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

Author: john.leonardLocation: San Francisco CA PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Cached passwords out of Sync - Windows XP - 2003 AD
    ----
Folks,

We have a couple remote users that use vpn tokens to access our network.

They really never authenticate to the network or domain controller when they connect remotely.

Sometiimes the cached passwords on the local workstation and the domain passwords get out of sync.

Any way to sync them up again.

We have tried Ctr-Alt-delet - lock workstation and then login with new or existing password....

No luck.

We cannot use local accounts - must be a domain account.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

-John

Author: rcmichelle PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Password Genius
    ----
A few days ago I asked help with the password problem. As suggested, I downloaded the software password genius and I am happy to report that it had cured my problem. I finally found my product key. I strongly recommend this tool. Thanks a million for the information.

Author: CoreDefendLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject:
    ----
Have you tried creating a logon script?

This will run after the user logs in and the desktop fully loads. Have the script connect to a domain resource; probably the DC netlogon share. This will detect if you user's credentials are valid; if they are, nothing will happen.

If they are not; have a screen pop that instructs the user to lock their workstation and re-authenticate.

This is cumbersome; but many products have this problem. I've used PGP Whole Disk Encryption and when the AD password expires; the Single Sign-On fails.

Good place to start VbScript:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/default.aspx

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1