Assembly Language

Networking/Security Forums -> Programming and More

Author: mandrivaLocation: WAKEFIELD PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Assembly Language
    ----
Hello,

I have decided I am going to try and take on some Assembly coding, but I am unsure where to start, the information i have researched seems to be a little bit contradiction, anyway Dos & Linux seems to be a popular choice for asm so what are your thoughts? Where should i begin? Any books any of you have used for reference and found helpful if you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks

Mandriva

Author: Sysop_fbLocation: Iraq for the moment PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Jeff duntemanns Assembly Language Step-by-step Second Edition is a really good intro book.
After reading that you can pick up on a few tutorial/books that are online for free like Art of Assembly or PC Assembly.

Dos or linux whichever you're most comfortable in.

Author: smithdwsn PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Assembly language is a low level language. It is machine level language. It is used for mini computer usually for circuit. It consists of instruction and instructions are made up of mnemonics and operands. You are the first person who is interested in assembly language. Why are you going with this?. Other languages are available.

Moderator note: edited to remove spam signature - capi

Author: p____hLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
smithdwsn wrote:
You are the first person who is interested in assembly language.

Not only him. I am another person, who is interested in ASM. Good stuff for RE Wink

@mandriva
I can't help you with searching books, 'cos I have them only in my native language.

But IMO, you should decide what assembly is the best for you. There're a lot of 'kind' of ASM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_assemblers
Your choice is DOS and Linux, so I think, that the most popular are NASM and FASM.
Look at them and try to decide, which syntax looks more friendly.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
smithdwsn wrote:
Assembly language is a low level language. It is machine level language. It is used for mini computer usually for circuit. It consists of instruction and instructions are made up of mnemonics and operands. You are the first person who is interested in assembly language. Why are you going with this?. Other languages are available.

Uh, no.

Please read what I have written here: http://www.security-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=46064&highlight=#255832

Networking/Security Forums -> Programming and More

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1