How does printer to be shared ?

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: alexasmithLocation: Delhi PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: How does printer to be shared ?
    ----
Hello,
I am having HP Deskjet 4200 connected to my desktop. And I am having a laptop with which I want the printer to be shared. Both of my pcs are having windows xp as OS. And I am using PRONET wireless router for accessing internet. I am able to share the drive between these pcs but I am not able to share my printer between these. I have made my printer shared from my desktop. I tried to trace the error in it then it showed me that print spooler service is not running on your pc. Also I checked the service using services.msc but it is running. So what should be the problem that I am not able to share the printer? Please Suggest me…………….

Thank you so much !!
Alexa

Author: operat0r2 PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
http://www.google.com/search?q="windows+xp"+sharing+printer+guest

Author: winstonterr PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hi,
I got my Windows Vista Laptop to finally recognize the printer on the wired computer. Hooray! Maybe I won't get screwed my Microsoft after all. Wrong. So, as I'm happily connecting my laptop to the printer, I get a wonderful message saying "The server for the HP Deskjet 4200 series printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and contact your network administrator or equipment manufacturer." Of course, this isn't Microsoft's problem.So, I've been looking online for solutions to this problem. It seems to me that the printer has got all of the drivers installed, it prints fine when I access it from the connected computer. I don't think I need any drivers on mine. I'm stumped. Please help.

Author: jhonas PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject:
    ----
On the Computer, setup printer to be shared. go to control panel choose printer,then choose add printer, then click add on local printer and the goto tab port. Then click add port and select local port enter the port name and exact network path. and then click ok button to apply changes

Author: herispitson PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject:
    ----
On the Windows 7 PC
1. In Windows 7 Control Panel
2. Select "Programs and Features" pane
3. Click "Turn Windows Features on or off"
4. Turn on the LPD protocol.
5. Ensure printer(s) are shared

On the Mac
1. Start Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility
2. Hold down the "Option" key and click the "More Printers" button
3. From the top menu select "Advanced"