Serious boot-up problem

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: Emanresu PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Serious boot-up problem
    ----
Since about 3-4 weeks ago, I have a huge problem booting up my computer.

You know that screen where it shows something like : "Your system had an error, do you want to boot it up normally or with the latest working settings?"

Well it happens from 2 to about 10 times every time I boot up my computer. Often, it freezes once during the process and I have to reset my computer by force (plug cable out of wall) to get it on.

I bought this computer back in may 2006 and only made one upgrade (graphic card) more than a year ago.

One time, I had an error message after the computer booted up completely. It was talking about a RAM error. I immediately tried with different RAM sticks, but nothing.

This problem really is annoying, but once I'm on the computer everything works 100%

Any ideas?

Author: CoreDefendLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject:
    ----
What OS are you running?

I would first look at the logs in the Event Viewer.

This would indicate what caused the error or help you in the right direction (if it's an OS error).

Author: p.hall PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject:
    ----
Try memtest86+ for any memory errors. Also check the fans, you might have the CPU fan dead or malfunctioning.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1