iPad/GMail Security Breach?

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: mopepomLocation: Rural Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: iPad/GMail Security Breach?
    ----
I recently purchased an iPad in the UK and set it up to have it use my GoogleMail account. Within 24 hours, my GMail account had been hacked and used to contact scores of people on my contact list, using a list that was at least a year old. This hack attack was a rather crude attempt to scam money from my friends. This caused no end of difficulty for me and some consternation on the part of my non-technical friends and contacts, including my bank manager.

I am now trying to figure out if the breach was an iPad breach or a GMail breach.

My suspicion is that the hack attack was the result of a weakness in the iPad security.

The purpose of this post is to invite evidence or comments from others who may have had similar difficulties with the iPad/GMail combo.

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1