Replication from Domain controller to Domain client

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

Author: winxandlinx PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Replication from Domain controller to Domain client
    ----
Whenever there is any changes happens on my AD account in the domain controller its not getting immediately replicated to Domain client (member of the domain i.e XP )

say for example when they add some group in the domain controller for my account it takes so much time to get it reflect on my account

Is there any command i can force the replication from the domain client

Author: Bannerd PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Could you explain more on how your network is layed out? If you have several divisions over a WAN, you might want to put a small server onsite and make sure it's a global catalog server. Wink

Also things like GPO will greatly come into place and the timing of how often it updates. Are you running a GPO?

Author: krugger PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:
    ----
If you are connected the AD you should be able to update it with:

gpupdate /force

Author: nonsence PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: info
    ----
gpupdate is for group policy client side refresh, not for security group membership updates.

also replication doesn't take place to domain member clients. it's done by dc's only.

when a person is added to a new security group they need to log off and log back on for the changes to update during the logon process.

to force replication you need to use the repadmin.exe command.

you might want to look at the active directory sites console and configure the replication intervals from there.

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1