3G Broadband stick on Mac

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

Author: xiehungLocation: Ottawa, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: 3G Broadband stick on Mac
    ----
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a MAC Book Pro. Currently having problem to install my 3G broadband stick to get internet. It is Huawei E160E. Can someone please help me? Can't seem to get a proper answer or driver on the internet. XD

Admin, if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it to a proper one. But let me know which one after! lol ... thanks

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject:
    ----
From what I can see it is OS X compatible so it will just be a case of tracking down the relative software and driver.

I had a similar issue with the Vodafone 3G dongle and my MacBook years ago and just needed to locate the correct software from their website.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Normally, the drivers would be installed on the USB modem, so all you have to do is connect your device and then wait for the installation wizard to appear. Then, your driver may be old and not compatible with the MAC OS, check the vendor's site for the latest software as graycat suggested.

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1