Malware Removal forum?

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: reggiereggie PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Malware Removal forum?
    ----
Hi all,

Where has the "Malware Removal forum" gone?

Is there anyware I can post a hijackthis log to be checked?

Thanks,

Reggie.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The Malware Removal Forum was discontinued and removed after the death of SifuMike. We felt it could not have been kept up to it's current standards and trustfulness without a full time Leader with lots of time on his hands.

There are many other sites where you can post HJT logs for assistance. You can also browse through the Malware Fixes forum for up-to-date canned fixes.

Tom

Author: reggiereggie PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hi Tom,

So sorry to hear about SifuMike.

He helped me in the past, to which I'm grateful, and I'm sure he will be sadly missed by everyone!

Could you please point me in the direction of a website that could check my HJT log as I'm a little wary of picking one myself.

Thanks in advance,

Reggie.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hi Reggie,

Send a PM to judicandus asking him for his best recommendation of a site to visit for HJT assistance.

I'll also see if we can't get our best people together to come up with a STICKY post advising the best 5 sites for the public to go to for assistance.

Sounds a bit morbid, but I'm glad to see SifuMike is already being missed. He really did enjoy helping people in this way, and it made his days go by fast with little boredom involved.

Tom

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It has been suggested that you go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com for HJT log assistance. They've been around for quite some time, and I've not heard anything bad about them.

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I would second bleepingcomputer as a source of solid reliable information about malware removal.

Author: spoon PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I know it's been a year late, but i just read this thread....
So sorry about SifuMike Sad

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Mike was tireless in helping others, and never complained about his own health. He is still missed today.

Tom

Author: ayanaLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Just found out. He helped me learn a lot. RIP SifuMike

Author: maggiethomas PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Hi
    ----
It's really sad to heard about the death of SifuMike! he helped me too.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1