Windows 7 Credential Manager - Account Lockout

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

Author: jcochran PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Credential Manager - Account Lockout
    ----
I have a domain user account that keeps getting locked out. I traced the bad passwords to the users account. The security log indicates that there is a bad password in the Credential Manager for the user, however, when I look at the Credential Manager, there are no stored password.

Thoughts?

Author: georgec PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Are you unlocking the user account? and where are you exactly seeing no password set, in AD or on the user workstation?

Author: jcochran PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Sorry... I was a little unclear. I traced the bad passwords back to the users workstation.

The security event log indicated that there was an old password stored in "Credential Manager".

However, when I look in Credential Manager, there is no stored password. I also brought up the legacy "Stored Passwords" GUI and there was nothing in their either.

There were no persistent drive mappings, services, batch files, logon scripts, network logons etc. on the system with a "saved" credential.

This is only one of two account lockouts that I haven't been able to resolve.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Can you try logging in with the user credentials instead? I assume you are using an admin login! or may be removing the user credentials from Windows 7 vault!

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1