• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Free Broadband?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
l33tg33k
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Free Broadband? Reply with quote

Hey guys, Ive been doing some searching around Blacklisted411.net and came across some information about free broadband, a little google searching and i came across this http://www.freebroadbandkit.com/ I am just wondering if anyone has heard of this ??
kd1966
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first I've heard of it, but after looking, it seems they want you to pay about $40 for the info about how to get free broadband Confused
razta
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a read through that website and it seems to me that its bull$shit. Why would they give it away free when they could charge for it. Its a bussines and bussineses dont tend to give things away free unless its in their own interest.
Saying that... I had an Idea once of such a free service, give away free broadband and generate profit through advertisement as you would have an extensive customer base as it was free.
capi
SF Senior Mod
SF Senior Mod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their 'products' page wrote:
No-Risk Gaurantee

You would think they could at least run a spell checker on their "business site"...

Interesting to see that their product seems to consist solely of software (the Standard option gives you a CDROM, the Instant Download option gives you the software via download). It sure is nice to know that I can be connected to the global network of networks which is the Internet without any sort of hardware to actually connect the computer to anything.

I bet their software spawns a horde of nanites to subatomically mutate your floppy drive into a tentacle that probes the subsoil until it reaches an optic fiber line, or something. No, wait, that would be GRC's self-replicating 104%-assembly nanoprobes I'm thinking of. These guys' nanites probably just phase shift your power supply's graviton flow regulator to turn it into a BPL modem.

Last edited by capi on Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:33 am; edited 2 times in total
l33tg33k
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bet their software spawns a horde of nanites to subatomically mutate your floppy drive into a tentacle that probes the subsoil until it reaches an optic fiber line, or something. No, wait, that would be GRC's self-replicating 104%-assembly nanoprobes I'm thinking of. These guys' nanites probably just phase shift your power supply's graviton flow regulator to turn it into a BPL modem.

lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: