• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

internet connection issues.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
braindead
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: internet connection issues. Reply with quote

hello,

in the past weeks i have been having major Internet problem my connection has become pretty unstable, i spent lots of time with customer support but its like talking to a brick wall, i figure ill post my problem here before switching to a new ISP.

connection type: Wan miniport (PPPOE)
Advertised speed: DL 384 kb UL 48 kb
ISP Name (URL): www.fastnetonline.com
Proxy: proxy.fastnetonline.com:8080
i also know they get there bandwidth from satgate.net/ (if that helps)

I suspect the proxy used is interfering. Is there a way to find out what are the proxy's "parameters" (for lack of a better word, i would like to know more about said proxy what is it designed to do)

I know proxies can be used to limit access to certain address', I am assuming they can be setup for traffic shaping, I am trying to find out what limits have been set in the proxy in question.

Thank you for any help provided,

Brain

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: