• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Export access base to mysql base

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricaRowlet
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Export access base to mysql base Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I need to update on a regular basis an access database with new data. This database can be viewed and manipulated by everybody on the local net of my company.
What I would like to do is to export the content of this access database in a mysql database two times a week.

Simply put I would like to update the mysql database with the data coming from the access database.

How can I do it ?
BluePass
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way that I am aware of but which might be a little time-consuming is to export each table into a CSV file. After that MySQL handles CSV files very well; you can simply load the files one by one.

I'm not very familiar with Access, so I'm not sure whether it has a database dump or something like that so you don't waste your time exporting each table. With MySQL you could always make a script to load each table into the database to automate the process a little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: