Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:47 pm Post subject: LaCie 2big Network Security Problem
It is possible to bypass all security permissions on a LaCie 2Big Network hard drive via FTP. The default Ďadminí password will not change on the FTP side of the user login even after changing the admin login password. This allows full access to the hard drive via the administrators login to the FTP.
Steps to verify.
1. Setup a LaCie 2Big Network Hard drive with FTP access as per the manufacture instructions.
2. Change the ĎAdminí password anything you like.
3. Using an FTP client, log in to the LaCie 2Big Network hard drive using the 'admin' log in and your password.
4. You will not be able to log in using the new password
5. Using an FTP client, log in to the LaCie 2Big Network hard drive using the Ďadminí log in the default Ďadminí password.
6. You have full access to all folders and documents in the hard drive.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Looking for more Windows Networking info?
Sign up to the WindowsNetworking.com Monthly Newsletter, written by Enterprise Security MVP Deb Shinder, containing news, the hottest tips, Networking links of the month and much more. Subscribe today and don't miss a thing! View a sample newsletter.
Become a WindowsNetworking.com member!
Discuss your Windows Networking issues with thousands of other Windows Newtorking experts. Click here to join!