• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Free Partition Magic to re-partition my new hard disk.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banderasky
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Free Partition Magic to re-partition my new hard disk. Reply with quote

I have use Partition Magic for several years, and just use it for several times, not often, but useful indeed.

After I reinstalled Vista, Partition Magic worked no more, and I leave it alone.
But now I have a new HD to be re-partitioned for backup.
Is there any FREE Partition Magic software to suggest?
or else I'll purchase one.
Thank you~
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista has built-in partitioning software...any reason you don't want to use that?

Click on Start, right click on computer, and click Manage. Open up Storage on the left hand side, and click on Disk Management.
Banderasky
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Vista is not easy to handle Reply with quote

Thank you.
I know there is disk management, but I don't want to use it.
If I use it to shrink or move the hard disk, I can not preview and once I'm not satisfied, I have to re-do it.I know there must be partition freeware like PQ, wich is operated easily.

would you please give me a suggestion?
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built in Vista partition management works exactly like partition Magic, but to each his own I suppose. Before I make any recommendations, do you have any specific criteria for partitioning software? Would Gparted work?
Shadan
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Why Not Goole? Reply with quote

I know there is some thing tedious to use the disk management to partition. Since you want to search free partition magic software, why don't you Google"free partition magic software", there is a list of informatiton you need. The top one listed is
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
there is a free one Partition Master home edition, you could have try.
If you want to buy one, Acronis is the best, of course, if you want to pay for it. I guess you won't Laughing
Banderasky
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Groovicus wrote:
The built in Vista partition management works exactly like partition Magic, but to each his own I suppose. Before I make any recommendations, do you have any specific criteria for partitioning software? Would Gparted work?

Thank you sir, I just want to use a partition software like Partition Magic, I have use it more than five years, bot so often, but I think it's simple and easy, that is my criteria. I will try your suggestion of course.
Banderasky
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Why Not Goole? Reply with quote

Shadan wrote:
I know there is some thing tedious to use the disk management to partition. Since you want to search free partition magic software, why don't you Google"free partition magic software", there is a list of informatiton you need. The top one listed is
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
there is a free one Partition Master home edition, you could have try.
If you want to buy one, Acronis is the best, of course, if you want to pay for it. I guess you won't Laughing

Sorry I have not get used to Google, I rarely search on internet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: