• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Problems with an AI Program

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Programming and More

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanematthews
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Problems with an AI Program Reply with quote

this may not be the place to post this but i am having some trouble with an AI bot that i have on my computer. after i downloaded it i downloaded all of the AIML files that i could find and made the bot learn them all but it still seems a bit thick to me maybe im doing something wrong any help please. all of the AIML files were downloaded from the ALICE bot site.
Sloces
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you care to expand on "a bit thick"?
shanematthews
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it doesnt remeber my name cant tell me anything to do with time or dates even if i tell it the time, and also when i answer a question from it with yes i would or similar it starts to go off on one and skips the subject completely

and it only knows 190706 categories
Paragon
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, try a different bot. Razz
Why don't you make your own? There's enough AI source code to look at, you should be able to make your own bot.
super
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanematthews wrote:
well it doesnt remeber my name cant tell me anything to do with time or dates even if i tell it the time, and also when i answer a question from it with yes i would or similar it starts to go off on one and skips the subject completely

and it only knows 190706 categories

It's still learning. It doesn't "know" (note the quotes) very much yet. Over time, its decision trees will become more complex and it will be able to formulate more educated responses. Technically, it can't really "know" anything because it doesn't have a mind like you and I. That is why the intelligence is said to be artificial.
shanematthews
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Paragon Wrote
LOL, try a different bot.
Why don't you make your own? There's enough AI source code to look at, you should be able to make your own bot.

ill have to try that is it hard to do?
oeb
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put it simply, yes

http://www.ai.mit.edu/
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~russell/ai.html
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~russell/prog.html
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/air.html
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/faqs/top.html

Or you could just go talk to a real person. Razz
Paragon
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good are you at programming? I don't think it would be too hard, but it depends on how complex you want to make it. I can gather a bunch of AI links for you if you want.
super wrote:
Technically, it can't really "know" anything because it doesn't have a mind like you and I. That is why the intelligence is said to be artificial.
Artificial does not mean fake. It simply means it was created (by man) rather than naturally occuring. It in no way means it's not real intelligence. One can argue that current AI may not be real intelligence, but that in no way means we won't make AI in the near future.
oeb
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not only programming he needs to be good at, ai tends to nead quite a strong maths ability.
shanematthews
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my math skills truly suck and as for programming well im trying to learn but very slowly
Paragon
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oeb wrote:
Well its not only programming he needs to be good at, ai tends to nead quite a strong maths ability.
No you don't. It depends what kind of AI you're trying to make. The only thing you really need is strong logical ability Razz
Fondula di Carceri
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanematthews wrote:
well my math skills truly suck and as for programming well im trying to learn but very slowly

Try Prolog, it has a very intuitive way of programming. I have very very little experience with it, but it shouldn't be that hard to write some fuzzy-logic routines with it (ofcourse, if you want a *learning* intelligence, you might want to try a different approach). I remember there used to be lots of dos-programs for AI in the past (which modelled neural networks and such) but that trend seems to have died...

(edit because of miserable typo)
super
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fondula di Carceri wrote:
shanematthews wrote:

Try Prolog, it has a very intuitive way of programming. I have very very little experience with it, but it shouldn't be that hard to write some fuzzy-logic routines with it (ofcourse, if you want a *learning* intelligence, you might want to try a different approach). I remember there used to be lots of dos-programs for AI in the past (which modelled neural networks and such) but that trend seems to have died...

(edit because of miserable typo)

Yeah, no doubt. Prolog would definitely make a good AI language. I don't have much experience with it, either, but I'm quite accustomed with the Aristotelian logic that its based on. Lisp, arguably the most powerful programming language that exists, is another good programming language to use for AI (and tons of other things.) You're going to need some sort of background in at least Discrete Math and Graph Theory before you write any real artificial intelligence, though. At my university, you have to be a grad student before you can even register for the AI course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Programming and More All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: