• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Disable USB Pen Drive on TS / RDS Server

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnjain
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Disable USB Pen Drive on TS / RDS Server Reply with quote

I have an issue as mention below.
OS: Windows 2008 R2 with Domain Controller / Terminal Server on the same Server.
I am using Zero thin Client (NComputing L300 devices)

Want to archives below
a) Want to disable USB Pen Drive for some Users and allow printers.
b) And at the same time want to allow USB Pen Drive for some Users

Try to disable pen driver via GPO it gets disable for all users including Admins.
Want to disable for some users and allow to admins.

I have created a GPO which will block RUN / Control Panel for the users. It works fine on Terminal Server. But when I try to disable Removable Storage, it does works but it applies to admins too.
In security filtering have only added users (User1 / User2) for which i have to disable the USB
And also enable Loopback processing of Group Policy and tried with both replace and merge it

Request you to kindly provide the right step by step guide to apply the USB block policy as mention below.

Regards,

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: