• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

windows 8 and Windows Server 2008

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kachukumma
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: windows 8 and Windows Server 2008 Reply with quote

Hello, just joined and regards to everyone. I am planning to buy a laptop with Intel i7 processor. I need your expert advice about one ISSUE. I will buy the machine (laptop) with WIN 8 already installed but I need Windows Server 2008 also on it, HOW CAN I DO IT. Besides this, what laptop would be suitable for this purpose and how to install 2 OS and dual booting with Win 8
Best Regards
alt.don
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It would helpful to understand what it is that you are trying to do with your laptop and these various operating systems on it. You want to install Windows Server 2008 but have a host o/s of Windows 8. That said, you are best to install VMware and virtualize your install of Windows Server 2008. I wouldn't bother dual-booting at all as virtualization technology is quite stable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: