• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

No access to Device Mgr:

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinito
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: No access to Device Mgr: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Using W7, Ultimate + SP1

Background.

I bought a card reader and my OS could not obtain a driver for it. I tried to go to my Device manager to see if there were any error messages or if the reader was noted, but I could not open it from my Control Panel. When I tried to, the Control Panel froze, and I had to close the PC and restart it to get the programme back.

I recently downloaded a PDF and wanting to convert it to Word, I downloaded various PDF to Word convertors and they did not work well enough.
I think that these may have been the lead-up to the difficulty that I now have.

I did a scan with Malwarebytes and it found a myriad of PUP infections, which I removed.

Afterwards, I still had the problem of opening my Device Manager.

I then downloaded a programme called PC Utility Kit. Which, I have since learned, is a false programme and hijacks the computer.

I am unable to remove it from my PC.

If anyone has any advice on how to remove the PC Utility Kit (The internet browsing shows "Spy Hunter" as being the one to use, but a friend of mine says that this is also a doubtful programme!) and how to obtain access to my Device manager, I would be grateful!

I have subsequently done scans with AVG 2014 free and SuperAntiSpyware free - and there was no malware found.

Thank you,

Colinito

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: